Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 7 Update

Jó napot kivanok!
Has another week really already gone by?? Time passes freakishly fast here! Indeed, the countdown to fall break (which starts this Friday) has begun, and I can still remember very vividly the thought of fall break being a distant worry as I sat by the pool under the lazy August sun. And now it's almost here! I'm really looking forward to the break, as I'll be seeing some pretty cool things with some pretty cool people. Friday morning, I fly out of Budapest to meet my second cousin in Latvia. I believe the plan is to travel around the city of Riga and to check out the Baltics. Ya know, just another weekend out in the country...oh wait and by the Baltic Sea. I still find it hard to grasp the concept that all of these cultural and geographical wonders are within travelable distance! Love it. I leave Latvia on Tuesday to come back home to Budapest for a two-day recovery period before leaving for Poland on Friday. Three other girls from my program and I will enjoy the sites of Krakow, as well as a 6-hour guided tour of Auschwitz. ...Just to give you a preview of updates to come...
And now for an excitingly thorough account of this past week's activities. Monday = rainy, cold, tiring, grocery shopping, and that's pretty much it. Tuesday, however, more than made up for Monday's lack of cultural activity. Rach and I played tennis again and were happy to escape the 150mph winds by playing in the much-anticipated bubble. There was a trade-off involved, though. On the two courts next to us were 4 extremely intense high-school aged boys who were hitting the living daylights out of the ball. The skill-level dichotomy between them and us could not have been more ridiculously distinct. But no wind in exchange for embarrassment? We'll take it. Tuesday night, a couple of us set off on yoga mission #2 and ended up taking a two-hour hot yoga class. I don't really recall much more than being really sweaty, realizing that my body was bending in quite interesting ways, and a man calling out "Kosi" (thanks) every 21 breath cycles. In short, it was an incredible release and left all of us feeling extremely relaxed and limber. Oh how I missed yoga class :( Definitely something to take back up again once I'm home.
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pull a "to be continued" at this point because I'm late for class. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up with Wednesday later on tonight! Until then-
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment