Sunday, September 13, 2009

Start of week 2

Hey everyone,
Soo here I am to update after two fabulous weeks in my new home, Budapest. The first week of class was admittedly pretty hardcore..pretty much all of the terminology was unfamiliar to me, and, after 4 and 1/2 hours of lecture each day, my brain was FRIED. I haven't been that nervous for an exam in a long time, but I left on Friday with the feeling that I passed, so let's hope that's the case! This week, the course is Cognitive Neuroscience and is bound to be interesting, considering I only know the very very basics of the human brain's anatomy. Bring it on :)
Though we had a busy week school-wise, we didn't let that deter us from going out to take in more of our beloved Budapest. We dined at a slightly upscale restaurant Tuesday night in celebration of one of the girl's birthdays in the program, and on Wednesday, we went to Buda Castle and found our way out of the labyrinth beneath the castle that was created from several hot springs. That, I must say, was pretty darn sweet.
Most of these pictures come from this past weekend, which I spent Siöfök, a town located about 2 hours outside of Budapest. The town is situated right on the beach of the largest lake in Hungary, Lake Balaton. It was absolutely GORGEOUS. We spent the day on the beach Saturday, watched the sunset on the pier, and enjoyed a tasty dinner by the water. I'm also going to post some pictures from the Citadella, one of the higher points in Buda that's actually just up the hill from my dormitory. It's a breathtaking view. So enjoy!
Love,
Valeri

1 comment: